Do you have a discoloured, cracked, crooked or damaged tooth? If so, as well as impacting on your appearance, this can lead to serious health complications if left untreated for too long.
What are veneers?
Veneers are hand crafted from porcelain which is a very strong and cosmetically appealing material. They are adhered to the front teeth and cover the entire front surface of the damaged tooth, obscuring imperfections – this is often likened to how a false fingernail fits over a natural nail.
Your tooth will need to be prepared before the veneer can be fitted over the top which involves the tooth being etched. The reason for this is so that the tooth does not appear thicker than your other teeth. Tooth matter is removed safely and without damaging neighbouring teeth.
Summary of the benefits of veneers?
- Durable – Their porcelain properties make them a long-lasting solution and if properly looked after they can last up to 15 years.
- Custom created – Here at Cornerhouse, we create your veneers with your exact needs in mind. They are specially made to fit you tooth structure and colour. During your consultation you will be able to go through what you expect from treatment so that your veneers can be 100% bespoke. Impressions of your teeth will be taken and to achieve this.
- Quick procedure – the procedure can generally be carried out over 2 visits to us.
- Stain-resistant – Unlike your natural teeth, veneers are not susceptible to staining, so you can continue enjoying the food and drink you love (in moderation, we might add)!
- Cosmetic and versitile – whether your teeth are widely spaced, cracked, discoloured, chipped or broken, veneers are a multi-purpose solution.
- As part of a Smile Makeover – veneers can be incorporated alongside other treatments and part of a ‘Smile Makeover’. A popular combination is veneers and orthodontic treatment as well as with teeth whitening.
- Get your confidence back – Veneers can totally change your smile – even if you are being treated for a single tooth, giving you back your desire to smile.
If you would like to arrange a consultation with us here at Cornerhouse, please do not hesitate to contact us.