Corner House Dental has recently acquired a state-of-the-art CBCT scanner, which will help our dentists provide patients with a better diagnosis.
A CBCT scan is a type of X-ray that uses a digital computer and a rotating machine that produces a cone-shaped X-ray. This way, our dentists will be able to see clear, 3-D images of tissues, blood vessels, organs and bones. This is far beyond the abilities of a using a simple X-ray.
Our head dentist, Andre is delighted with the latest radiography technology. He says “The detail and excellent picture quality are crucial elements in diagnosis and treatment, ensuring the best possible care for our patients. We hope that our patients will see the future benefits of this.”
Here are some benefits on how CBCT Scanners can benefit patients in Norwich:
- The CBCT scan provides a much more in depth diagnosis than X-rays
- Patients aren’t exposed to as much radiation as they would be when using a traditional CT scan
- The CBCT scan is quicker and more comfortable than a traditional x-ray
- Images can be stored on a computer and shared instantly with other dental specialists, this means that patients can get a quicker diagnosis.
- CBCT scans can be used for creating more accurate and durable dental implants. The scan can tell the dentist where certain bone structures are in the patient’s mouth and whether they’re sturdy enough to support a dental implant.
- The CBCT scan helps the dentist when planning oral surgery for a patient. The scan can find wisdom teeth and show your dentist how they’re situated within a patient’s jaw.
- The scan can also pick up foreign bodies and evaluate fractures.
- The scan can pick up tumours in the jaw and see how they’ve affected the bone. They can also see how the teeth are situated in relation to the tumour.
- The scan can check the condition of the tooth roots, impacted teeth, cleft palates and help the dentist plan treatment for complicated problems.
- They are ideal for helping the dentist find probable causes of TMJ.
Patients in Norwich who believe they could benefit from a CBCT scan should get in touch with Corner House Dental on 01603 621613.