In 2010, the number of people seeking treatment for Botox surpassed 1 million and this figure has risen each year.
In the fast-paced climate of today, people are looking for fast-acting solutions with no downtime involved and a short treatment time – Botox ticks all of these boxes and eliminates much of the hassle associated with cosmetic surgery.
How does Botox work to temporarily eliminate wrinkles?
Wrinkles are caused by dynamic muscles contracting and folding Botox temporarily freezes the signals from your nerves to your muscles, resulting in less movement in your face. Many patients choose to undergo subsequent Botox treatment as this helps to make each treatment session’s effects last longer.
What are the principal reasons Botox continues to grow in popularity?
- Short treatment time – Botox takes a maximum of 30 minutes to administer, so you can even schedule your appointment with us for a lunchtime and be back in time for work!
- Non-invasive treatment – Botox uses a very fine needle, designed to cause minimal discomfort.
- Natural and authentic-looking effects – The effects of Botox are aesthetic and natural-looking. The treatment works by restoring your younger-looking features, so you will simply look like your younger self post-treatment.
- Botox does not jeopardise the movement in your face – many people are unsettled by the word ‘freeze’ stated above (Botox freezes the signals between your nerves and your muscles). Indeed the transmission between the nerves and muscles will be interrupted, however, this will not affect your fundamental facial features of expressions.
- No associated downtime – once you have undergone treatment, you are able to resume your normal daily activities straight away
- Can be used to treat a variety of issues – from frown lines, to bunny lines, crow’s feet to dimples, Botox can treat a multitude of problems.
- Smoother and younger skin – Botox derives from the botulinum toxin which is a neurotoxic protein. Type A is the one used in cosmetic treatment, reducing the movement in the facial muscles and leading to smoother-looking skin.
If you would like more information about the treatment we offer here at Cornerhouse, please do not hesitate to contact us.