Thinking of getting dentures to replace missing teeth? Equip yourself with all you need to know by reading through the most common questions we get asked by patients prior to treatment.
Why bother replacing a missing tooth?
- Improve chewing and speaking function.
- Improve the aesthetics of your smile.
- Give your features a ‘fuller’ look – prevent a ‘sunken’ looking appearance.
- Improve your confidence.
- Prevent your teeth from shifting into vacant gaps and warranting the need for orthodontic treatment.
Replacing a missing tooth is potentially one of the most worthwhile investments you can make into your wellbeing, giving you back your confidence and desire to smile as well as effectively restoring your teeth.
What are dentures made from?
Dentures can be made uniquely from plastic or from a amalgamation of metal and plastic. Both of these versions come with or without clasps to help keep the dentures secure in your mouth.
What does the process involve?
Your dentures will be custom created, achieved by taking accurate impressions of your teeth. You will have the chance to discuss the colour and shape of your new teeth with your dentist so that your dentures appear as natural-looking and in-keeping as possible with your facial aesthetic. We will then trial a wax replica in your mouth and make any necessary adjustments. Finally, your dentures can be delivered to you.
How long do dentures take to be manufactured?
Depending on the choice of materials and complexity of the case, dentures can take between 4-6 weeks to create.
How can I look after my dentures?
- Remove and rinse your dentures after eating.
- Clean your mouth out after removing your dentures.
- Brush your dentures daily.
- Soak overnight.
- Rinse your dentures thoroughly before placing them back in your mouth.
Detailed information on how to look after your dentures can be found here.
If you would like more information about treatment at Cornerhouse, please do not hesitate to contact us.