Does the idea of braces and orthodontics make you feel anxious? Don’t fret, as the Invisalign clear aligner system is an aesthetic and flexible treatment that works around your day-to-day routine. Developed in California in 2001, the aligners have treated nearly 5 million patients worldwide and have been endorsed by celebrity names such as Kathy Burke, Tom Cruise and Eva Longoria.
Invisalign is a series of transparent aligners that are replaced by the patient every 2 weeks at home. A removable treatment, Invisalign is a great option for patients who are looking for a treatment that has minimal impact to their day-to-day routine.
What makes Invisalign stand out?
Here are some of the principal characteristics of Invisalign and how they differ from traditional fixed braces:
- Easy to maintain good oral hygiene – as you can remove the aligners, brushing and flossing is much more straightforward. In the case of fixed braces, pieces of food can easily become stuck in-between the brackets of your braces and make it challenging to keep them clean.
- Remove them to fit in with your routine – client and customer-facing professionals can remove the aligners should they need to carry out (for example) a presentation at work if they prefer.
- Aesthetic – that said, the aligners have a highly aesthetic design – your colleagues, friends and family may not even notice you are undergoing treatment. Transparent and bracket and wireless, Invisalign aligners are one of the most aesthetic solutions available.
- Custom made aligners – Invisalign aligners are custom made to fit your exact tooth structure. Your orthodontist at Corner House Dental will take digital impressions of your teeth in order to do this.
- No need to amend your diet – an increasing amount of us are following specific diets, whether it be vegetarian, vegan, raw food or other. As you can remove the aligners, you won’t have to make alterations if you are following such diets.
If you would like more information about Invisalign treatment at Corner House Dental, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.