It is with great joy that we are able to welcome you back to Corner House Dental! We hope you and your families have remained safe and healthy during this pandemic and are looking forward to regaining some sense of normality.
We are thrilled to be able to offer you an appointment with us in the near future. As you may be aware Coronavirus has affected many industries and dentistry is no different. We have been working very hard to follow all the national guidance in creating a safe environment for both our patients and staff.
We will be grouping patients according to their risk status so we can see everyone safely; if the risk is too high for you to come in, we will offer an alternative option so please rest assured we will be working hard to offer our services to as many clients as possible. We will also give you further instructions on how to attend the surgery, some of these are outlined below to help you prepare:
- Do please come to the surgery in a car if at all possible, as you may no longer enter the building on arrival but have to wait outside.
- As soon as you have arrived, please call reception to let them know of your arrival. You will then be issued with further instructions on when to enter the building.
- Please do not bring anyone with you to your appointment, we need to minimise the amount of people in the reception area in order to adhere to social distancing rules. We can only welcome carers or a parent if children are attending for an appointment. Only one person will be allowed to accompany a patient in these cases.
- Please do not bring any personal belongings with you to the appointment apart from a method of payment and if possible a pen in case there is any paperwork to complete. If any belongings are brought in you will be provided with a plastic box and left in reception, you cannot bring anything with you into the surgery.
- The restroom at the Practice is for emergencies only, please try and refrain from using it, if at all possible.
- There will be a disinfection station as soon as you enter the building. After which you will be chaperoned directly into the treating room. Your temperature may be taken on arrival.
In order to offer our services to you, we must adhere to national guidance, any changes to the practice have been made to ensure the safety of our patients and staff. You will find the reception area bare from our usual reading material and unfortunately we are unable to offer our tea and coffee services during this time. We have placed barriers at the reception desk and aside from the usual disinfection protocols, we have invested in air filters for every surgery that will essentially clean the air from pathogens.
There will be an increase in the amount of PPE our staff will be wearing. Receptionists will be wearing masks and the clinical team will be wearing gowns, FFP2/3 masks and visors. We will do everything in our power to make your visit as friendly and welcoming as possible, do not be put off by the increased PPE, we are still the same team underneath all the gear!
We are not able to work at the same capacity as before, therefore availability of appointments will be limited to the days where your usual dentist is working. We must allow 1 hour between patients for any aerosol generated during your treatment to settle. Due to these changes, we will initially be working with a skeleton staff. As you can appreciate a small increase in cost will have to be made in order to cover the increased safety measures. This will affect both new and existing estimates but will be clarified during your phone call the day before your appointment.
We would like to thank you for your patience and understanding during these trying times. We are working in an environment which is changing rapidly and as such we may need to change our protocols at short notice. We ask our patients to please bear with us during these times, your safety is at the core of everything we do and our aim will always be to provide you with quality dentistry in a welcoming, caring and safe environment.