It’s hard to imagine anything more appealing than a sparkling white smile, yet our teeth rarely stay as white as we’d like them to without a little help.
Teeth whitening is a procedure used to lighten the colour of your teeth. Teeth can become discoloured due to the natural process of ageing, stained as a result of certain foods and or drinks or as a result of smoking. Teeth whitening effects can last anything from 6 months up to 2 years or more, the effects vary from person to person.
Tooth whitening done in a professional dental setting is a safe, effective way to achiever a brighter, whiter smile. It is also perhaps the most economical and safest cosmetic dental procedure with results that can be dramatic.
Professional dental whitening is a regulated industry, therefore results are guaranteed and will arrive quickly, safely and effectively. Buying over-the-counter whitening products can result in permanent, painful and unsightly damage to your teeth and gums! Our cosmetic dentists are well experienced in teeth whitening in Norwich and will ensure that your teeth are whitened safely without causing damage to gums or enamel.
The process of teeth whitening in Norwich
Having an oral exam before you begin any whitening process is an important first step to make sure your tooth discolouration is not the result of a dental condition in need of treatment. We begin by doing an examination of your mouth to ensure that you are dentally fit and well and a good candidate for tooth whitening. Your dentist will then go through the procedure, which can often start on the same day.
The first step to any whitening procedure is to book a consultation with your preferred clinician.
Talk to the team today on 01603-621613.
We offer at home whitening kits.
As a patient, you will play a greater role in ensuring and achieving your desired level of whiteness. If you are deemed to be a suitable candidate for tooth whitening, the following is how this process works:
Firstly we take a mould of your teeth, from this mould two thin, flexible rubber mouth trays will be custom-made for you.
You then add the whitening gel to your trays and position the trays over your teeth. These trays are then slept in overnight until you have reached your desired result. It may sound complicated, but do not worry, your dentist will demonstrate how easy and simple it is to use!
Caring for your whitened smile
There are lots of things you can do to make sure your whitening results last as long as possible. The length of time that teeth whitening in Norwich lasts varies from person to person; generally speaking, it lasts from 6 months to 2 years or more.
Firstly it is very important to maintain your daily routine of brushing and flossing as well as keeping up with your regular schedule of professional cleanings at your Dental Practice.
Avoid foods and beverages that stain, including red wine, tea and coffee. If you do smoke, use your newly whitened teeth as an impetus to quit – a good idea in any event.
A minor touch-up every so often, can keep your smile bright and beautiful for years.
Why get your teeth whitened at the Dentist?
- You’ll boost your confidence – An unhealthy-looking smile can affect your confidence over time, causing a reluctance to smile. Feel great about your smile and your oral hygiene by investing in tooth whitening and boosting your confidence levels.
- You’ll benefit from a custom treatment – Tooth whitening should always be overseen by a professional and experienced dentist, such as those in our team here at Corner House Dental– you’re in good hands. We will invite you to attend a consultation appointment where you can discuss your expectations of treatment and ask any questions you might have. Moving forward, we will take accurate impressions of your teeth to create custom whitening trays, to which a whitening agent is applied.
- Professional whitening treatments are completely safe – Teeth whitening treatments offered by anyone other than a professional dentist can present potential dangers for patients. Dentists are the only people who are able to create impressions of your teeth to make perfectly fitting whitening trays, eliminating the risk of the whitening agent coming into contact with your gums, which can cause irrevocable damage.
- You can ‘reset’ your dental hygiene – A scale and polish (deep clean of your teeth) is included as part of tooth whitening treatment – this is to remove any tenacious surface staining such as plaque and tartar that builds up over time as a result of poor oral and dental hygiene and lifestyle choices such as smoking. Tooth whitening is an opportunity for a fresh start and can set you on a path to better oral hygiene habits, but with the added benefit that you can start implementing these habits with a great-looking smile.
- Tooth whitening is a simple & non-invasive procedure – Teeth whitening treatment is one of the most hassle-free cosmetic procedures out there with no recovery time or pain associated.
Why are home whitening kits from the dentist better than over-the-counter?
Buying whitening gels online or over-the-counter can result in permanent, painful, and unsightly damage to your teeth and gums!
An investigation by Which? found that 58% of whitening treatments available online actually contain illegal and dangerous levels of hydrogen peroxide, which can cause teeth sensitivity and gum irritation.
However, professional teeth whitening such as the treatment we offer is regulated, and only contains a safe and legal amount of hydrogen peroxide. This means results are guaranteed and will arrive quickly, safely, and effectively – our cosmetic dentists are well-experienced in teeth whitening in Norwich and will ensure that your teeth are whitened without causing damage to gums or enamel.
Why choose Corner House Dental for Teeth whitening?
- Full range of implant treatments and quality materials
- 5-star post-treatment care
- Trusted by referral dental practices across Norfolk
Norwich Teeth Whitening FAQs
What is tooth whitening?
This is the most popular cosmetic dental treatment. Teeth naturally become darker and discoloured with age. Lifestyle choices, drinking a lot of tea, coffee, red wine and smoking can also stain and discolour your teeth. With the teeth whitening procedure we can help and whiten your teeth considerably.
Is tooth whitening safe?
Clinical research and safety studies have shown that under supervision of an appropriately trained dentist, tooth whitening is perfectly safe on the teeth, gums, cheeks and other soft tissue.
Why cant a beautician do my bleaching?
It is illegal for a beautician to do dental tooth whitening using tooth-whitening gels. The General Dental Council has established that tooth whitening should only be administered by a qualified Dentist or under the supervision of a qualified dental professional.
Why is our whitening system the best?
At Corner house Dental, we use a bleaching system which is clinically proven to achieve a brighter smile which lasts. We ensure that our system is the best in terms of safety and results. Our bleaching trays are specially designed to seal properly so that no saliva enters and in so doing does not negatively affect the outcome. As clinicians we use special whitening gels with a neutral pH and with the optimum concentration to deliver results that are predictable and that lasts.
How long does tooth whitening last?
Normally the white colour achieved, remains quite stable and can last up to 3 years. This does however depend on the individual and can be affected by diet, oral hygiene, lifestyle choices and age. Some patients may need periodic top-ups to achieve the colour that they have in mind.
How long does it take?
A home kit takes approximately 2 weeks. Using your bleaching trays overnight nightly or if you do not get on with the bleaching trays overnight, then for an hour or more before bedtime, after you have eaten, every day for two weeks.
What is the procedure for home bleaching?
First appointment: We take an impression of your teeth in order to have bleaching trays made, this takes fifteen min.
Second appointment: This will be ten days later – your bleaching trays will be ready and you will be given your trays along with a ten minute bleaching instructions appointment.
Two weeks later: Ten minute review with your dentist to see whether you are happy with your results, with the option to have an additional in house bleaching if you would like to get an even whiter result.
Can i get a top up for my bleaching?
Yes you can, we sell top-up bleaching syringes, which you use with your bleaching trays, when and if you require.
Get in touch
We would love to hear from you. Please send us your questions, comments and suggestions using this contact form and our friendly team will do everything they can to help you.
Alternatively you can also contact us by calling 01603 621613